PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Parents are expected to support and encourage their child(ren).
- Help their child learn that success is experienced in the development of their skills and that they can feel good about themselves, win or lose.
- Parents are expected to encourage and support healthy living through such things as appropriate nutrition, and rest.
- Be a positive role model through their own actions to make sure their child has the best athletic experience possible.
- Be a “team” fan, not a “my kid” fan.
- Show respect for the opposing athletes, coaches, spectators and support groups.
- Be respectful of all officials’ decisions.
- Praise athletes in their attempt to improve themselves as athletes and as people.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation for the rules of the sport.
- Recognize and show appreciation for outstanding achievement by any athlete.
- Take time to talk with coaches in an appropriate manner, including proper time and place, if there is a concern.
- Parents are expected to assist children to get to practice regularly and on time.
- Inform Coaches if child will be attending a meet by the time requested by the coach.
- Respect the Coaches decision when it comes to events your child will be participating in.
Check out these 13 Steps to Being a Winning Parent!